Pacesetter Homes is a single-family business unit of Qualico and we are seeking an Intermediate Estimator to join our team.
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, the Estimator facilitates production through an output of job files, change addendums, and customer/field requests to establish a proper home building process.
- Receive and process addendums and distribute required documentation and/or information to trades.
- Maintenance of supplier pricing, model budget, and options.
- Process and estimate job files ensuring accuracy and detail.
- Distribute PO’s and required documentation to respective trades.
- Communicating and coordinating with the construction team.
- Produce accurate purchase orders and take-off budgets.
Education & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- A Construction Engineering Technologist Diploma (or related equivalent experience) will be an asset.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years Production/Estimating experience in Residential or Commercial construction.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience with Negotiations and Tendering for pricing
- Intermediate skills in NEWSTAR or equivalent estimating software, and BUILD PRO/SUPPLY PRO or equivalent scheduling software
- Experience working with New Star Sales is an asset
- Knowledge of New Home Industry and experience in New Home Sales is an asset
- Computer skills are mandatory; Microsoft Office – must be fluent in all programs (Word, Excel, & Outlook)
- Organized and excellent time management skills
- Prioritize fast and effectively; continual improvement with strong work ethics
- Ability to grasp potential issues, problem solve and enjoy working as a team
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.